Date Posted: June 10th, 2021
Position: Executive Director
Number of Hours per Week: 22.5
Permanent – Part time
Organization: Canadian Baptist Women of Ontario & Quebec (CBWOQ) (non-profit)
The mission of CBWOQ is to facilitate authentic experience of God and intimate connection with mission. We support initiatives for vulnerable people locally and nationally, and create resources and events for spiritual formation. The Executive Director (ED) works with a small, collaborative team.
The ED reports to the Board of Directors and manages a staff team and leads in setting the strategic direction for women’s ministries in the 340 churches of the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec (CBOQ). She has the lead responsibilities in planning and executing regional events and province-wide annual events, overseeing all women’s ministry-related communications and assisting in developing educational materials and missional initiatives. The ED spends time engaging with local churches, inspiring women and promoting the work of the CBWOQ through public speaking and relationship building. The ED represents CBWOQ through strategic networking with national and international women’s groups.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Consistently demonstrates Christian character and personal intimacy with God, leading in the mission of facilitating authentic experience with God and intimate connection to mission;
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma; some theological education/training is an asset;
- Three to five years experience in a similar management/leadership role or equivalent;
- Excellent skills in strategic planning and visioning;
- Exceptional relationship-building skills including the ability to present to various groups across a wide range of generations and cultures;
- Promotes the ministry through dynamic public speaking to inspire passion and energize others;
- Responsible for developing new programs;
- Proficiency in written communication;
- Wisely manages human resources (staff and volunteers), finances, communications, and administration;
- Demonstrates technical facility with Word, Excel, Zoom, and social media;
- Liaises with Canadian Baptist partners, including attending, or willing to attend, a CBOQ church;
- Flexibility to work to the needs of the organization, which will include some evenings and weekends;
- Commitment to the mission, faith and core values of CBOQ.
CBWOQ is a committed employer that abides by the Ontario Employment Standards Act.
Please submit cover letter, résumé and references by email to email@example.com prior to June 25, 2021.
Thank you for your application.
Download a PDF version here.