Human Trafficking and Pornography
Here’s how we’ve taken a stand against human trafficking and pornography.
- NEW! Our 2018 #GIVING TUESDAY project is raising funds to support rescue work in the Dominican Republic. Learn more in our September/October issue of live magazine. Don’t yet subscribe? Read about it here.
- 20+ forums raising awareness of the need to end human trafficking
- 20+ showings of Nefarious | Merchant of Souls
- successful collaboration with Defend Dignity and Hope For Freedom on Buying Sex Is Not A Sport – a Pan AM Games 2015 grassroots awareness campaign
- 6 silent stand-ins during the Pan Am Games in 2015, collaborating with Defend Dignity and Hope For Freedom
- letter writing campaigns and petitions to all levels of government advocating for Canada’s adoption of the Nordic Model of legislation. Bill C-36 is now law in Canada!
- 2 award-winning series on pornography and abuse written by Baptist women and published in live magazine. Read an article from one of those series here.
- 100s of signatures collected to urge Starbucks to make their stores family–friendly. Starbucks has announced a review of their policy!
- 100s of signatures collected to support a motion (M-47) before Parliament to declare pornography a mental health issue. That Motion has been approved and Canada now has to research the issue!
Contact us if you’d like to organize an anti-human trafficking awareness event at your church or in your Association.
Get the facts. Choose to act.
links, checklists, Bible studies and ideas to keep you informed and active