I don’t belong to a mission circle or ladies’ missions group at my church. May I still join this program?
– Yes. Any woman may choose to join the program. We do suggest that you find two or three other women to join you.
Can my mission circle or ladies’ group pick a cause?
Do we have to do all the steps you outline?
– No. We ask you to prayerfully consider what you are able to take on. We want your group to enjoy praying for and learning about its anchor cause . . . and to keep at it. So please honour your God-given limits!
What if there’s another cause we’d like to tackle?
– Our anchor causes reflect our beginnings as a movement of women mobilized to advocate on behalf of vulnerable women and children. We want to remember those beginnings while remaining open to the new and relevant ways in which God wants to continue using us.
So please call executive director Diane McBeth (416-620-2953) or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org to talk more about what your group feels led to do.
How will we know if there are other Baptist churches in our community or Association who’ve also chosen our anchor cause?
– We know that affinity groups will emerge – groups from different churches in a community or Association who share the same cause. Plug into the many ways we’ll be giving you updates on anchor causes and the groups who’ve joined:
- Sign up for our free monthly newsletter – the E-LINK (just scroll down and follow the prompts on this website)
- Join our Facebook group page (facebook.com + type in Canadian Baptist Women of Ontario and Quebec in the search field)
- Consider a subscription to live magazine – it’s $20 a year (choose live from the drop down menu in Resources and follow the prompts; contact the live promoter at your church or contact us directly at email@example.com/416-620-2954)
- Bookmark this website!