2015 – 2017 Resources
“Therefore, my beloved, be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the work of the LORD, because you know that in the LORD, your labor is not in vain.” I Corinthians 15:58 (NRSV).
Drawing from 1 Corinthians 15:58, our 2015 – 2017 theme is Strong and Steady. Give Your All.
Being strong and steady means sinking your roots deep in Christ. We’ve pulled together a package of resources to help you and your women’s group deepen your authentic experience of God.
Groups of Hope was developed by former CBM strategic associate Faith Holwyn. The program manual contains 8 small-group workshops that take you to the heart of the Gospels: Jesus, His teachings and how He gives us hope no matter the circumstances of our lives. Groups of Hope is available in several languages including Spanish.
Purchase the program from READOn Bookstore.
We’d love to help you bring Groups of Hope back to your church. Contact us if you’d like to participate in a training day.
- As part of our two-year resource package, we’ll post 12 free online Bible studies – one every other month. Since June 2015, several Canadian Baptist women have been contributing studies that focus on our theme verse and tagline. Have you used these yet? Just scroll down the sidebar and click the study you want to download.
Leave us comments and feedback – we want to hear from you!
- If you subscribe to live magazine, you’ll also receive 12 Bible studies on the theme – written by Linda Ellsworth – and exclusive to live subscribers! Want to subscribe? Click here.
No women’s ministry at your church?
There may not be formal women’s ministry, women’s groups or mission circles at your church. Could you use this reading list to start a book club? Download our tip sheets on how to start a book club . . . just scroll down the sidebar.
Why these titles?
- We know that each of the titles on this reading list will help you sink deep into Jesus Christ – the One who’s prepared good works in advance for you to do.
- The stories and experiences of women will inspire you to re-connect with mission. Consider this: who + where is your mission field?
- We want you to consider the gift you are and can be to the young adults, youth and children in your church community and neighbourhood. We’ve included two titles to de-mystify your call to mentor and encourage tomorrow’s Gospel-bearers.
We’ve suggested “bundles” for you, based on the theme. These are suggestions only. You may want to pick and choose the books that will resonate with your women’s groups. All the books are available – bundled or singly – through READOn Bookstore.
Here’s to a fantastic 24 months of reading, discussing and learning together. Visit our resources blog regularly to read reviews of these books, author interviews and more.