This is a great part-time, work-from-home opportunity for the lucky candidate!
Our treasurer Keisha Cooper – Chotoosingh has accepted a full-time position with Canadian Baptist Ministries (CBM). We will miss Keisha’s smile and her diligent attention to detail and process. We are sorry to see her go and wish her God’s blessings in her role with CBM.
This means we are looking for a treasurer for CBWOQ. Please review the job description below and feel free to share the link with any interested women.
——————- job description – treasurer, CBWOQ ——————
Canadian Baptist Women of Ontario and Quebec seeks to facilitate authentic experience of God and intimate connection with mission. We support initiatives for vulnerable people locally and nationally, and create resources and events for spiritual formation.
This person will be an active member of a small, collaborative team with varied opportunities for ministry. This is a part-time contract position, working from home, for approximately seven hours per week.
- Bookkeeping to the audit working paper stage (including preliminary financial statements)
- Prepare payroll and benefits
- Prepare and present annual budget
- Prepare HST returns, charitable receipts, and T3010 filing
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Weekly finance administration including donations (mail and online) and payables
- Liaison with Association treasurers, constituency, other staff, auditors
- Periodic evening web conferences with board or finance committee; attendance at annual conference with presentation at Annual General Meeting
Required skills and education:
- Bookkeeping experience
- Knowledge of CRA Charitable law
- Competent with QuickBooks accounting software and Microsoft Excel
- CPA designation is an asset, but not required
To apply: Submit resume via email to email@example.com.
Download a PDF of this job description here.