God asks each of us to reach out and share his love.
CBWOQ began when the hearts of Ontario and Quebec women were set on fire to do whatever they could to bring health, education, justice, and the Gospel (word+ deed) to the poor and downtrodden women and girls of India.
And when we look at what God is calling us to do today,we look, as we did over 138 years ago, at the spiritual, social, and material needs of women in our day: trafficked women globally, First Nations women nationally, or spiritually adrift women locally, and pray that God would set us on fire to respond, just as He ignited a movement among our foremothers in response to the needs of women in their day.
Women called to authentic experience of God and intimate connection to mission.
These photos were taken at our 2015 Women’s Weekend Away in London, Ontario. Enjoy!
Our Theme Verse (2015 – 2017)
“Therefore, my beloved, be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the work of the LORD, because you know that in the LORD, your labor is not in vain.” 1 Corinthians 15:58 (NRSV)
A deep desire to obey Jesus’ command to make disciples as we go unites us with a global and Canadian Baptist family. Being family means we support other members of that family:
- We generously fund Canadian Baptist Ministries (CBM) . . .
- We disburse grants to Ontario and Quebec women to attend North American gatherings hosted by the North American Baptist Women’s Union (NABWU) . . .
- With Canadian Baptist Women, we co-sponsor an international student to Canada every year and encourage women to participate in the Great Canadian Bible study project . . .
- We helped Baptist women leaders make their dreams of Matthew House and Oasis Dufferin Community Centre come true . . .
- We substantially funded the First Nations and children’s ministries of Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec (CBOQ) . . .
- We support local Canadian Baptist churches in their outreach to vulnerable women and children . . .
Family matters. Click on the links provided to learn more about the ministries of our global and Canadian Baptist family.